Individual and Family Counseling Services
Provides an opportunity for you to openly talk about your thoughts and feelings in a safe environment.
Together, we can discuss your issues or concerns with:
- Self-Development and Self-Esteem
- Body Image Issues
- Anxiety and Depression
- Stress Management
- Addictions, Substance Abuse and Dependence
- Loss and Grief Counseling
Family dynamics can often be challenging, whether you have a traditional or non-traditional family, we can help.
Family counseling provides an opportunity for everyone to openly talk about their thoughts and feelings in a safe environment.
Together, we can try to solve any familial issues:
- Parent-child conflicts
- Family communication problems
- Defiant, angry, or isolated teens
- Grief and issues of loss
- Transitions after divorce or separation
Couples counseling is beneficial to those interested in improving their relationships.
We have experience with a diverse range of couples from various racial, ethnic, and spiritual backgrounds.
We assist couples with:
- Financial disagreements
- Trust issues
- Pre-marital, Pre-commitment counseling
IS Therapy Confidential?
State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of records and client information.
Generally, client records and confidential information will not be released unless clients or their legal guardians consent in writing. Otherwise, confidential information will be disclosed only in accordance with Statutes.
Reasons for exceptions to this disclosure include:
- Mandated reporting of abuse/neglect
- Imminent danger to the health and/or safety of client or likelihood of a crime
- Court Order
What are some reasons to seek therapy?
- People who struggle with depression often feel down for extended periods.
- They lose interest in activities that they once found pleasurable.
- Depression negatively affects millions of Americans each year.
Anxiety and Stress
- Stress and anxiety are related, but often confused.
- Stress is tension associated with a specific event (e.g. a test or a job), while anxiety is a non-specific worry about the future.
- To find relief, people with anxiety may turn to repetitive routines, preoccupations, or addictions.
- Conflict resolution is an important part of any relationship.
- Conflict plays a vital role in allowing two people to reconcile differing needs.
- Unfortunately, when conflict is handled poorly, it can cause distress in the relationship.
- Experiences that overwhelm or scare us can leave a lasting impression.
- The symptoms can leave us stressed, depressed, and have negative consequences for our work and home life.
- Feeling understood and understanding one's partner is what allows couples to deeply share one another's lives.
- Often, couples struggle with communication issues, which actually mask deeper relationship issues.
- Trust plays a vital role in sustaining a relationship. People trust differently.
- For some, trust is established quickly, while others are slow to grant trust.
- Similarly, some are able to forgive quickly, while others find it hard.
- Self-esteem is a feeling of personal worth. It is important to be able to value yourself regardless of your current state of personal achievement, beauty, or intelligence.
- Your self-esteem creates the foundation for a full life, great relationships, and a feeling of well-being.